Just follow the steps exactly to get a CFW running on your phone
1. Download Navifirm: HERE
2. Download J.A.F: HERE
3. Download PKEY: HERE
1. Download your f/w files from Navifirm
2. Place all files in C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-XXX\
(RM-XXX means your RM. It may be RM-356, RM-428 etc. If your RM is RM-356; Then make the folder as 'RM-356')
3. Download and Install PKEY Emulator and J.A.F
4. Download the CFW
5. A CFW usually contain 3 or 2 files (Rofs2 + Rofs3 + UDA)
6. If the filenames do not match then rename the names of the CFW files to your original f/w files
7. backup your firmware files
8. Then replace your original files with the CFW files in "C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-XXX\"
9. Run PKEY Emulator
10. Click OK on the dialog that appears, then When J.A.F will start
11. Go to 'bb5'tab
12. Make it look exactly like the picture below
(Tick - Manual Flash, Dead USB, Normal mode) (Untick - 'CRT 308')
13. Make sure the scene is exactly the same (Check nicely)
14. Tick 'USE INI'
15. Then a list will appear containing all phone models like the picture below
16. Select your phone and appropriate RM from the list
17. Turn OFF your phone and connect it to the computer via USB
18. Click on flash
19. Then Click OK when a dialog appears like on the picture below
20. Then press "Power Button" for 1 second and release
21. Flashing Procedure will start...
IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED ANYWAY, THEN FLASH YOUR PHONE AGAIN WITH ALL YOUR ORIGINAL FIRMWARE FILES
- if founds the phone but the JAF writes Error reading phone init data (please exit PC suite)
- if im trying to run the OGM JAF PKEY emulator but im gettin this error msg "CANNOT CREATE FILE C:\Program Files\ODEON\JAF\winscard.dll"......pls what do i do now?
Set PKEY Emulator settings like here:
And run it as Administrator!
Also try this version of PKEY Emulator:
- if it said the directory does not exist (just create the folder)
- how can i see firmware installed in my phone??? (the code with *#0000#)
# The most important is make sure you study and know well about Modding or else your phone will "DIE" if any mistake happen...but don't worry if your phone had software broken after your Modding just go to telephone shop and ask him to repair then he will do Modding as same as you do but with successful way and just mod the original file only.
credit to: rosuvladut